Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Resolutions vs. Goals

How many of you made resolutions at the beginning of the year?

Hold your hands up high!

How many of you have failed in your resolutions?

Once again, hold those hands up high!

The reason that we fail with our resolutions is quite simply most people say:

My resolution is to lose weight or my resolutions is to quit smoking.  Nothing more.

Instead of making resolutions we should be setting goals.

Reason:  Goals have certain fundamental rules - they should be in writing, measured, state a time period, and explain how your are going to meet it.

For example:  I am going to lose 5 pounds per month by walking a mile each night.

I am going to quit smoking by June 30 by cutting down 2 cigarettes per week until I quit.

I am going to save money by eating out less one time per week and put that money in a jar so by then end of the year I will have an additional $250.


Remember, Goals are:

In writing,
measured,
timed,
and explained how to meet it.

No comments:

Post a Comment