Sunday, July 24, 2011

Cooking for one - all week

So I have many friends that are single.  One thing that I have found is that if they cook, most recipes are for couples or families.  They don't want to eat out every night so many of them will cook on the weekend and eat the same thing meal after meal.

My suggestion is this.  Don't cook one big meal - cook three or four.

Buy a small freezer such as the 5 cubic foot.  They typically take up a square yard of space.  They usually run about $150.


Buy some good storage containers.  My preference is lock-n-lock from QVC.  I like them because they are not difficult to open and close and they seal very well.  I bought a 12 piece set on clearance.

Once you have finished your meals, store them, freeze them and you will have 3-4 meals to choose from for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment