Sunday, October 23, 2011

Are You Prepared for a Winter Storm?

This past week it dropped down into the 30's here where I am currently working.  It is said that extremes breed extremes in weather.  With the past summer that we had, we're probably going to have an extremely cold winter.

Here are some items that you will want to make sure you have at home as well as in your car.
  • Food, such as energy bars, pop tarts, trail mix, jerky
  • Water - I picked up a 12 pack just to put into my car.
  • Blankets - I have 2 wool blankets that I keep in my car.
  • Candles - just remember if you light them - you will need to have a window open at least an inch or so - so that fresh air can get into the vehicle.
Make sure that you have proper dress either on you or in your car.

No comments:

Post a Comment